Aussie Forex is responsible for all personal information you provide to it and will deal with that information in accordance with the following Privacy Principles.
- Aussie Forex has implemented procedures to implement its Privacy Principles and to deal with complaints and enquiries. Our Compliance Officer has overall responsibility for ensuring that Aussie Forex and its employees and agents comply with our Privacy Principles. Our Compliance Officer may be contacted in relation to any enquiry or complaint at: email@example.com.
- Aussie Forex will not disclose any of your personal information to a third party, or in a foreign country, unless the recipient is subject to legislation, or a contract, that safeguards your personal information in a manner that is substantially similar to our Privacy Principles.
- Aussie Forex will collect personal information only for the purpose of providing its services to you or for any purpose that is directly incidental to the provision of those services. In the event that Aussie Forex wishes to use your personal information for any other purpose, it will identify such purpose and obtain your consent before doing so, unless the new purpose is required by law.
- Aussie Forex is always willing to explain to you the purposes for which you information is being collected.
- Aussie Forex will seek your consent to the use of your personal information either expressly or impliedly, depending on the circumstances and the type of information collected. For example, Aussie Forex will rely on your implied consent when you give us your name, address, telephone number and other details necessary for us to verify your identity in accordance with the provisions of the Client agreement.
- If you are registered with Aussie Forex, we may from time to time send you information that is relevant to the provision of our services. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive that information, you may by sending us an email opt-out and request that you are not included in any future mail-outs.
- There may be circumstances in which Aussie Forex is obliged to collect, use, or disclose certain personal information without your consent. Such circumstances include:
- a serious and imminent threat to someone’s life, health or safety;
- a serious threat to public health or public safety;
- unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- disclosure is required or authorized by law;
- Aussie Forex reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of:
- criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law;
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime;
- the protection of the public revenue;
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct; or
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Information
- Aussie Forex collects your personal information in order to provide our products and services to you and satisfy our regulatory obligations under relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 rules and other subordinate instructions (AML/CTF Laws).
- In order for us to satisfy our regulatory obligations under relevant AML/CFT Laws, Aussie Forex takes reasonable steps to verify the identity of its clients.
- In some circumstances, Aussie Forex may also disclose your personal information to intermediary banks in order to process certain transactions on your behalf, for example, by disclosing your name and address.
- The amount and type of information collected by Aussie Forex will be limited to that which is necessary to provide our services.
- Personal information shall be retained only for as long as may be necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the information is collected. However, you should be aware that Aussie Forex is obliged under relevant anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism legislation to retain information relating to personal identity for 7 years.
- Subject to any legislative requirements, Aussie Forex will destroy, erase, or make anonymous your personal information when it is no longer required to fulfill the purpose for which it has been collected.
- If you refuse or fail to provide any requested information, Aussie Forex may not be able to process any transaction/s for you.
- Aussie Forex will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is sufficiently accurate, complete, and up-to-date to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you.
- Aussie Forex will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected.
- Aussie Forex has in place a range of security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held.
- The methods of protection may depend on the sensitivity of the information and the format in which it is contained. Security measures employed by Aussie Forex include:
- Physical measures such as locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices; and
- Strategic measures such as security clearances and limiting access to a “need-to-know” basis.
- Aussie Forex ensures that its staff is aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
- In circumstances where you point out to Aussie Forex that any information held by us is inaccurate or incomplete, we will take appropriate action to amend the information as required and, if necessary, notify any third party of the correction.
- There may be circumstances which preclude Aussie Forex from providing access to some or all of your personal information. Those circumstances could be:
- the information may contain references to other individuals;
- legal, investigative, security, or commercial proprietary reasons; or
- The information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
- Aussie Forex may be prohibited by law from providing you with access to your personal information. For example, when the disclosure could:
- reasonably be expected to cause immediate or grave harm to your safety;
- reveal personal information about another individual; or
- Contravene another law that prohibits the disclosure.
- Aussie Forex has procedures in place, to receive and respond to, complaints or inquiries about our policies and practices relating to the handling of personal information.
- Aussie Forex takes all complaints seriously and will investigate all complaints.