Money Laundering Statement
In today’s marketplace, the attempted use of financial institutions to launder money and channel financing of terrorism has become a major risk and has caused many countries, like Australia, to pass more stringent laws to combat money laundering and terrorist financing. As such, AUSSIE FOREX & FINANCE Anti-Money Laundering- Combating Terrorist Financing (AML & CTF) Policy has been enacted to put in place necessary measures to combat money laundering & terrorist financing in the Institution. This has been necessitated to protect our Company and its businesses from being used to launder money and finance terrorists.
In accordance with our regulatory obligations, we have strict procedures in place to minimize the risk that our service could be used for money laundering purposes including:
- Identification of all clients
- Monitoring and reporting transactions
- Maintaining records for at least seven years
- Training staff to recognize out of pattern transactions and to be aware of their reporting obligations
We will not accept you as a client until we are satisfied that you are who you say you are. Furthermore, we reserve the right at any stage to refuse to process your transaction if you fail to provide us with satisfactory information or, if information you have provided to us subsequently appears to be misleading, incorrect or false.
You should therefore comply with any request for information promptly. Your failure to do so could, in some circumstances, be regarded as unusual behavior. You should also assume that all information provided to us could be made available to regulatory authorities.
WARNING: Money laundering is a criminal offence. You should be aware that, by misusing our service, you could expose yourself to criminal prosecution, as we are bound to automatically report such behavior to the regulatory authorities. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to:
- Breaking a large transaction into smaller transactions to avoid reporting
- Providing false or misleading contact details
- Providing false identification documentsWe do not want your business if the funds you are transferring are sourced from, or are related to, criminal activity.